Big O Tires Sun Peaks Resort Road Test Contest Rules (the “Contest”)
This contest is presented by Big O Tires (Contest Host) and Sun Peaks Resort (Contest Sponsor) and is only open to British Columbia residents and is governed by Canadian law and the laws of the Province of British Columbia.
No purchase necessary. See below for full contest details. Participation in this contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of, and agreement to be legally bound by, these contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
- This Contest begins on Thursday, October 15, 2020 and ends on December 15, 2020 at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open to all residents of British Columbia. Employees (and their immediate families, and those with whom they are domiciled) of the Contest Host and/or Contest Sponsor, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
How to Enter:
- No purchase necessary. Enter online at www.gobigo.ca.
- A maximum of one (1) entry per email address. Multiple entries per individual will void all entries by said individual.
- A purchase does not increase your likelihood of winning.
Draw and Winner Selection:
- On or before December 20th at 12:00pm PST, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning are dependant on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prior to declaring a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by the Contest host via the email address provided with their entry, and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply within two (2) calendar days of notification and provide The Contest Host with a phone number. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Contest Host will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification, a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release which:
- Confirms compliance with the contest rules;
- Releases the Contest Host and Contest Sponsor, it’s affiliate companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
- Grants the Contest Host and the Contest Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If the selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within two (2) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the entrant shall be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Contest Host in consultation with the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
- Prize: There will be one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of four (4) nights accommodation at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel and Conference Centre, and three (3) days skiing/snowboarding lift tickets at Sun Peaks Resort. Prize also includes high-performance rentals (ski/snowboard, boots, poles) from Elevation Bike, Ski and Board, for three (3) days. One Private Group Lesson will also be provided. Approximate retail value of $4,000 CDN.
- Note: The Prize does not include, and neither the Contest Host nor the Contest Sponsor will pay for transportation to and/or from Sun Peaks Resort. Finalists must arrange for their own transportation, and spending money.
- Blackout dates for accommodation and lift tickets include: December 18, 2020 – January 3, 2021, February 12, 2021 – February 16, 2021, March 18, 2021 – March 22, 2021.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded, and is not transferrable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at the Contest Sponsor’s option. Contest Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value. Prize will only be awarded to the person who is the contest entrant. Prize must be used in the 2020/2021 winter season.
- In the event of an interruption to regular winter operations caused by COVID-19 that extends beyond 60 days, this prize may be transferred to the 2021/2022 winter season.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Contest Host and Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
- Contest Host and Contest Sponsor reserve the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Host and Contest Sponsor reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Any attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of the Contest Host and/or the Contest Sponsor.
- Without limitation, the Contest Host and the Contest Sponsor, and its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the online identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant.
By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Contest Host and the Contest Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Entry only for the purpose of administering the Contest.
Big O Tires (1978) Limited – #3 – 8980 Fraserwood Court, Burnaby, BC V5J 5H7